State environmental officials are taking public comments on three businesses' applications to join the Green Tier program.
Badger Mining Corporation, silica sand producer Unimin Corporation and metal recycling outfit Waukesha Iron and Metal all are vying to join the program, which provides regulatory flexibility for businesses that commit to protecting the environment.
The Department of Natural Resources will take written comments on the applicants through Dec. 19.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash