State environmental officials are taking public comments on three businesses' applications to join the Green Tier program.
Badger Mining Corporation, silica sand producer Unimin Corporation and metal recycling outfit Waukesha Iron and Metal all are vying to join the program, which provides regulatory flexibility for businesses that commit to protecting the environment.
The Department of Natural Resources will take written comments on the applicants through Dec. 19.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns