State environmental officials are taking public comments on three businesses' applications to join the Green Tier program.
Badger Mining Corporation, silica sand producer Unimin Corporation and metal recycling outfit Waukesha Iron and Metal all are vying to join the program, which provides regulatory flexibility for businesses that commit to protecting the environment.
The Department of Natural Resources will take written comments on the applicants through Dec. 19.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her