CAMBRIA, Wis. - Authorities are investigating a snowmobile accident that killed a Michigan man in central Wisconsin.
The accident happened at about 1 p.m. Friday near Cambria.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources says a 36-year-old man from Michigan was killed when the snowmobile he was driving crashed into a tree on private property. The victim's name and hometown were not released.
Authorities say speed and snow conditions may have been factors.
The DNR and the Columbia County Sheriff's Department are investigating.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow