CAMBRIA, Wis. - Authorities are investigating a snowmobile accident that killed a Michigan man in central Wisconsin.
The accident happened at about 1 p.m. Friday near Cambria.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources says a 36-year-old man from Michigan was killed when the snowmobile he was driving crashed into a tree on private property. The victim's name and hometown were not released.
Authorities say speed and snow conditions may have been factors.
The DNR and the Columbia County Sheriff's Department are investigating.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant