MADISON, Wis. - The state Department of Natural Resources has created a new database designed to help people find out where they can pursue their favorite outdoor activities.
The Explore Outdoors online database allows people to search millions of acres of public land by county, proximity to a city or by activity, from kayaking to hunting.
The database also links directly to the DNR's seven-days-a-week customer call center and offers a feedback survey.
People can find the database online at http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/OutdoorRecreation.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000