MADISON, Wis. - The state Department of Natural Resources has created a new database designed to help people find out where they can pursue their favorite outdoor activities.
The Explore Outdoors online database allows people to search millions of acres of public land by county, proximity to a city or by activity, from kayaking to hunting.
The database also links directly to the DNR's seven-days-a-week customer call center and offers a feedback survey.
People can find the database online at http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/OutdoorRecreation.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old