The state Department of Natural Resources is looking for feedback on preliminary plans for a number of northeastern Wisconsin wildlife and fisheries areas.
The DNR has scheduled an open house for March 27 at the Oconto City Hall. Officials will describe the planning process, provide draft regional and property analyses, goals and maps for viewing and take comments from the public.
The agency is putting together a master plan for the Green Bay West Shore Wildlife Area; the Badger Gift Lands, 757 acres adjacent to the wildlife area; the Bloch Oxbow State Natural Area, a sandy Peshtigo River upland just upstream from Green Bay; and scattered wildlife and fisheries lands.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash