The state Department of Natural Resources is looking for feedback on preliminary plans for a number of northeastern Wisconsin wildlife and fisheries areas.
The DNR has scheduled an open house for March 27 at the Oconto City Hall. Officials will describe the planning process, provide draft regional and property analyses, goals and maps for viewing and take comments from the public.
The agency is putting together a master plan for the Green Bay West Shore Wildlife Area; the Badger Gift Lands, 757 acres adjacent to the wildlife area; the Bloch Oxbow State Natural Area, a sandy Peshtigo River upland just upstream from Green Bay; and scattered wildlife and fisheries lands.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need