MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin wildlife officials are planning nearly three dozen public forums on deer management this month.
The Department of Natural Resources has scheduled 34 meetings around the state from March 18 until March 29. Wildlife biologists will be on hand at each hearing to answer questions, discuss the status of the local herd and listen to ideas and observations.
Agency officials want to use the hearings to gauge public sentiment as they set up the 2013 hunting seasons.
A list of meeting dates and locations is available on the DNR's website. Visitors can find the list by searching the keywords "deer hunter forum."
- State sues Milwaukee stores over synthetic marijuana
- UW-Madison leadership center to be named after former state governor
- Teacher suspended over documentary returns to work
- 70-year-old Madison man, cops return young tourist's purse full of cash
- Cigarette look-alike cigars likely to get tax increase
- UW Health water aerobics class for deaf people breaks down barriers