MADISON, Wis. - State wildlife officials have a new lead sturgeon expert.
Department of Natural Resources biologist Ryan Koenigs will officially replace Ron Bruch on Feb. 9. Bruch served as the agency's lead sturgeon biologist from 1990 until last year. He now directs budgeting and communications for the DNR's statewide fisheries program.
Koenigs holds a bachelor's degree in fisheries and limnology from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and a master's degree in biology from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. He has served as a DNR fisheries management technician in Oshkosh for the last four years.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land