MADISON, Wis. - State wildlife officials have a new lead sturgeon expert.
Department of Natural Resources biologist Ryan Koenigs will officially replace Ron Bruch on Feb. 9. Bruch served as the agency's lead sturgeon biologist from 1990 until last year. He now directs budgeting and communications for the DNR's statewide fisheries program.
Koenigs holds a bachelor's degree in fisheries and limnology from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and a master's degree in biology from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. He has served as a DNR fisheries management technician in Oshkosh for the last four years.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two