MADISON, Wis. - State wildlife officials have a new lead sturgeon expert.
Department of Natural Resources biologist Ryan Koenigs will officially replace Ron Bruch on Feb. 9. Bruch served as the agency's lead sturgeon biologist from 1990 until last year. He now directs budgeting and communications for the DNR's statewide fisheries program.
Koenigs holds a bachelor's degree in fisheries and limnology from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and a master's degree in biology from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. He has served as a DNR fisheries management technician in Oshkosh for the last four years.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash