MADISON, Wis. - The state Department of Natural Resources is inviting artists to submit designs for next year's turkey, pheasant and duck hunting stamps.
DNR officials will accept entries received or postmarked by Aug. 15. The agency will display all the submissions at the Aldo Leopold Legacy Center in Baraboo on Aug. 25. Judging to determine the three winning designs will take place that afternoon at the center. DNR staff will be available at the center to discuss the history of the three programs as well.
Turkey, pheasant and duck hunters must purchase the stamps to hunt legally. The revenue helps pay for DNR habitat management and restoration, species management, research and equipment.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound