MADISON, Wis. - The state Department of Natural Resources is inviting artists to submit designs for next year's turkey, pheasant and duck hunting stamps.
DNR officials will accept entries received or postmarked by Aug. 15. The agency will display all the submissions at the Aldo Leopold Legacy Center in Baraboo on Aug. 25. Judging to determine the three winning designs will take place that afternoon at the center. DNR staff will be available at the center to discuss the history of the three programs as well.
Turkey, pheasant and duck hunters must purchase the stamps to hunt legally. The revenue helps pay for DNR habitat management and restoration, species management, research and equipment.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs