MADISON, Wis. - DNA testing done at the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory has led to the arrest of 43-year-old man.
A 44-year Stoughton woman was walking on South Park Street when she was approached from behind by a man wielding a handgun on May 14, according to a Madison Police Department report.
The man led her to a dark parking lot along North Wingra Drive and threatened to kill the Stoughton woman during the attack. He also tried to rob her of money, but she had no cash, police said.
Mariono L. Weaver, 43, was arrested on July 24. Weaver was charged with first degree sexual assault and attempted armed robbery.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns