MADISON, Wis. - DNA testing done at the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory has led to the arrest of 43-year-old man.
A 44-year Stoughton woman was walking on South Park Street when she was approached from behind by a man wielding a handgun on May 14, according to a Madison Police Department report.
The man led her to a dark parking lot along North Wingra Drive and threatened to kill the Stoughton woman during the attack. He also tried to rob her of money, but she had no cash, police said.
Mariono L. Weaver, 43, was arrested on July 24. Weaver was charged with first degree sexual assault and attempted armed robbery.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land