MADISON, Wis. - DNA testing done at the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory has led to the arrest of 43-year-old man.
A 44-year Stoughton woman was walking on South Park Street when she was approached from behind by a man wielding a handgun on May 14, according to a Madison Police Department report.
The man led her to a dark parking lot along North Wingra Drive and threatened to kill the Stoughton woman during the attack. He also tried to rob her of money, but she had no cash, police said.
Mariono L. Weaver, 43, was arrested on July 24. Weaver was charged with first degree sexual assault and attempted armed robbery.
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV