MADISON, Wis. - DNA testing done at the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory has led to the arrest of 43-year-old man.
A 44-year Stoughton woman was walking on South Park Street when she was approached from behind by a man wielding a handgun on May 14, according to a Madison Police Department report.
The man led her to a dark parking lot along North Wingra Drive and threatened to kill the Stoughton woman during the attack. He also tried to rob her of money, but she had no cash, police said.
Mariono L. Weaver, 43, was arrested on July 24. Weaver was charged with first degree sexual assault and attempted armed robbery.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'