JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Communications Center released a music video to promote its non-emergency phone number.
Center officials said 34 percent of calls made to 911 in 2013 were non-emergency calls. They want those non-emergency callers to dial 608-757-2244.
The original music and idea for the video were borrowed with permission from the Franklin Tennessee Police Department, who developed a similar video last year.
The video was filmed at the town of Beloit Fire Department and involved several Rock County law enforcement agencies. Beloit musician Jamie Campbell wrote and performed the song.Dispatchers promote non-emergency number with music video
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement