JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Communications Center released a music video to promote its non-emergency phone number.
Center officials said 34 percent of calls made to 911 in 2013 were non-emergency calls. They want those non-emergency callers to dial 608-757-2244.
The original music and idea for the video were borrowed with permission from the Franklin Tennessee Police Department, who developed a similar video last year.
The video was filmed at the town of Beloit Fire Department and involved several Rock County law enforcement agencies. Beloit musician Jamie Campbell wrote and performed the song.Dispatchers promote non-emergency number with music video
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two