MAZOMANIE, Wis. - Law enforcement asked Mazomanie residents to avoid the area on the west side of the village Saturday afternoon due to a "tactical situation."
Some Dane County residents received an automated 911 call at about 1:45 p.m. advising people to stay in their homes.
Dane County dispatch confirmed police were responding to a report of a person threatening suicide in the area of Westwynd Court at about 1:20 p.m.
Deputies were surrounding a residence, dispatch said.
In the automated call, residents were asked to stay in their homes. Dispatch could not confirm if the subject had a weapon.
Dispatch confirmed a person was in custody and the situation ended at 2:09 p.m.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested