MADISON, Wis. - A disabled tractor trailer caused a seven mile backup on Interstate 39/90 in Rock County Friday afternoon, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol.
The incident delayed traffic about 4 hours.
The backups started in the eastbound lanes at mile marker 167 between Newville and Janesville. It was cleared by 5:11 p.m., the State Patrol said.
Motorists were advised to exit at Newville of Highway 73 and take Highway 59 to Edgerton and Highway 51 to Janesville to avoid traffic delays.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK