MADISON, Wis. - A disabled tractor trailer caused a seven mile backup on Interstate 39/90 in Rock County Friday afternoon, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol.
The incident delayed traffic about 4 hours.
The backups started in the eastbound lanes at mile marker 167 between Newville and Janesville. It was cleared by 5:11 p.m., the State Patrol said.
Motorists were advised to exit at Newville of Highway 73 and take Highway 59 to Edgerton and Highway 51 to Janesville to avoid traffic delays.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial