MADISON, Wis. - A disabled tractor trailer caused a seven mile backup on Interstate 39/90 in Rock County Friday afternoon, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol.
The incident delayed traffic about 4 hours.
The backups started in the eastbound lanes at mile marker 167 between Newville and Janesville. It was cleared by 5:11 p.m., the State Patrol said.
Motorists were advised to exit at Newville of Highway 73 and take Highway 59 to Edgerton and Highway 51 to Janesville to avoid traffic delays.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash