MADISON, Wis. - A movie director and actor are slated to appear at the Wisconsin Governor's Conference on Tourism next month.
The conference is scheduled to run from March 17 to March 19 at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison. Organizers expect about 1,000 people from across the state's tourism industry will attend.
The itinerary includes appearances by director David Zucker and actor Robert Hays. Zucker directed Hays in "Airplane!" He also directed Hays in a new state Tourism Department television ad, which will debut at the conference.
Zucker and Hays are set to address participants on March 18. Attendees also will get a chance to win a private breakfast with them and state Tourism Secretary Stephanie Klett.
Zucker graduated from Shorewood High School and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart