MADISON, Wis. - A movie director and actor are slated to appear at the Wisconsin Governor's Conference on Tourism next month.
The conference is scheduled to run from March 17 to March 19 at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison. Organizers expect about 1,000 people from across the state's tourism industry will attend.
The itinerary includes appearances by director David Zucker and actor Robert Hays. Zucker directed Hays in "Airplane!" He also directed Hays in a new state Tourism Department television ad, which will debut at the conference.
Zucker and Hays are set to address participants on March 18. Attendees also will get a chance to win a private breakfast with them and state Tourism Secretary Stephanie Klett.
Zucker graduated from Shorewood High School and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry