GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Catholic Diocese of Green Bay said a man who voluntarily left the priesthood more than 40 years ago has been removed from the clergy over an allegation that he sexually abused a boy in the 1960s.
A Press-Gazette Media report said Jerome Koerner of De Pere denied the allegations but cooperated with the process.
The diocese said it received an allegation last year that he had sexually abused a boy while serving as a priest. The diocese began the process of removing him from the priesthood. It said Friday the process has been completed.
The alleged victim said Koerner molested him several times from 1960 to 1967. He said police told him too much time had passed to justify pursuing criminal charges.
Koerner said, "I'm going to keep it simple -- I deny any allegation."
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says