MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating an explosive device that detonated inside a mailbox on the city's east side Thursday.
Officers were called to a property in the 7000 block of Bluff Point Drive at 11:39 p.m. and found a smoking explosive device and a suspicious leaking liquid.
The blast extended more than 6 feet, according to officers.
Police said the same victim, a 65-year-old man, had a window of his vehicle damaged about three weeks ago.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn