MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating an explosive device that detonated inside a mailbox on the city's east side Thursday.
Officers were called to a property in the 7000 block of Bluff Point Drive at 11:39 p.m. and found a smoking explosive device and a suspicious leaking liquid.
The blast extended more than 6 feet, according to officers.
Police said the same victim, a 65-year-old man, had a window of his vehicle damaged about three weeks ago.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs