MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said two attempted robbery victims provided a description of a robber that was good enough to help them track down a suspect shortly after the failed robbery attempt.
The 21-and 22-year-old Madison women were walking on West Johnson Street at 8:20 p.m. Thursday when a man suddenly appeared from the shadows, according to police.
The victims said the man had a knife and told one of them he wanted her phone. The other woman grabbed her arm, pulled her away and both ran in the opposite direction.
The woman called 911 and police said they found Antonio L. Fleming, 37, of Madison in the 300 block of N. Brooks Street. He was arrested on suspicion of attempted armed robbery, disorderly conduct while armed and a probation hold.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash