MILWAUKEE - Authorities say a sheriff's deputy resuscitated a baby on the hood of his squad car along a Milwaukee County interstate.
Sheriff's officials say a mother heard her 7-month-old baby choking in the back seat of her vehicle and pulled over on freeway on-ramp Tuesday afternoon. She tried CPR and called 911 when she could not revive the baby.
Deputy Jeffrey Mike responded within minutes and the mother handed him the lifeless child. The deputy says he cleared the baby's airway and delivered thrusts to the child's back and then began CPR. The baby girl responded and opened her eyes. Mike continued CPR until firefighters arrived.
Sheriff's officials said the baby is reportedly doing well.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart