MILWAUKEE - Authorities say a sheriff's deputy resuscitated a baby on the hood of his squad car along a Milwaukee County interstate.
Sheriff's officials say a mother heard her 7-month-old baby choking in the back seat of her vehicle and pulled over on freeway on-ramp Tuesday afternoon. She tried CPR and called 911 when she could not revive the baby.
Deputy Jeffrey Mike responded within minutes and the mother handed him the lifeless child. The deputy says he cleared the baby's airway and delivered thrusts to the child's back and then began CPR. The baby girl responded and opened her eyes. Mike continued CPR until firefighters arrived.
Sheriff's officials said the baby is reportedly doing well.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes