MILWAUKEE - Authorities said a Milwaukee woman facing an operating while intoxicated charge had four children in her car.
A Milwaukee County sheriff's deputy stopped a vehicle with suspended plates late Monday night. The deputy noted a strong smell of alcohol from the 24-year-old driver.
The Sheriff's Office said a preliminary breath test found the woman had a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.26 percent, more than three times Wisconsin's legal limit of .08 percent.
The woman had a 26-year-old female passenger and four children, ranging in age from 2 to 8, in her car. Two were her children and two were her passenger's children.
Authorities said the driver faces a charge of OWI with a passenger under 16 years of age, a misdemeanor. She also is being held on a probation violation.
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982