MILWAUKEE - Authorities said a Milwaukee woman facing an operating while intoxicated charge had four children in her car.
A Milwaukee County sheriff's deputy stopped a vehicle with suspended plates late Monday night. The deputy noted a strong smell of alcohol from the 24-year-old driver.
The Sheriff's Office said a preliminary breath test found the woman had a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.26 percent, more than three times Wisconsin's legal limit of .08 percent.
The woman had a 26-year-old female passenger and four children, ranging in age from 2 to 8, in her car. Two were her children and two were her passenger's children.
Authorities said the driver faces a charge of OWI with a passenger under 16 years of age, a misdemeanor. She also is being held on a probation violation.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says