MONONA, Wis. - Dane County deputies arrested a Fitchburg man who fled police in his vehicle and on foot after crashing on Monona Drive, according to a release.
Around 10:40 a.m., a Dane County sheriff's deputy stopped a driver who was going 82 mph in a 55 mph zone on the eastbound Beltline near the Rimrock Road exit, officials said.
As the deputy exited his vehicle, Angelo Harris, 20, sped away, according to the release. Another deputy began to pursue Harris when he exited the Beltline at Monona Drive.
Deputies said Harris lost control of his vehicle and crashed at Acacia Lane in Monona.
Harris attempted to flee on foot but the deputy was able to arrest him after he was hit with a Taser, according to the release. He was taken to a hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Deputies said a second vehicle was involved in the crash but the occupant of the car was not injured.
A "substantial" amount of cash and marijuana packaged for individual sale was found inside the rental car Harris was driving, according to the release.
Harris faces pending charges of second-offense operating while intoxicated, possession with intent to deliver, eluding and resisting arrest. He also has an outstanding warrant from Milwaukee County.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says