DEERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A drunken driver tried to leave the scene of a two-vehicle injury crash Monday but was arrested a near the scene when her car broke down, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to County Road BB near State Highway 73 in Deerfield Township at 4:15 p.m. Monday for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
An investigation found Corrina J. Horner, 18, of Fort Atkinson was traveling east on County Road BB and went through a stop sign on State Highway 73. The car struck a vehicle traveling north on State Highway 73 driven by Dawn M. Hesprich, 55, of Waukesha, according to deputies.
Investigators said Horner tried to leave the scene but her car broke down a short distance away. She was arrested on suspicion of first offense operating while intoxicated causing injury and hit-and-run causing injury.
She was also cited on suspicion of failure to yield from a stop sign and not wearing a seat belt.
Hesprich was transported to Meriter Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000