MADISON, Wis. - A Tennessee man was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated during a traffic stop on Saturday, according to a release from the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Spencer Petitt, 40, of Brighton, Tennessee, was driving in the area of South County Road G and East Townline Road around 7:30 p.m. when he was stopped for speeding.
The deputies said an odor of intoxicants was on Petitt's breath and he failed field sobriety tests.
Petitt was also cited for speeding and operating after revocation.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry