MADISON, Wis. - The driver of a snowmobile that crashed and injured himself and a passenger was arrested on suspicion of operating a snowmobile while intoxicated causing injury.
The Madison Fire Department and Scuba Team members removed the two people from the ice on Lake Waubesa near Lake Farm Park after they were injured when their snowmobile tipped over Wednesday evening.
The driver, Samuel S. Dimaggio, 53, of Fitchburg made a sudden turn, causing him and Lisa M. Rowland, 48, of Deforest, to be thrown from the snowmobile, according to the investigation.
The pair were transported to St. Mary's Hospital with non-life-threatening head injuries, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office. The report said the pair was not wearing helmets.
Dimaggio was admitted and Rowland was treated and released.
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight