MADISON, Wis. - The driver of a snowmobile that crashed and injured himself and a passenger was arrested on suspicion of operating a snowmobile while intoxicated causing injury.
The Madison Fire Department and Scuba Team members removed the two people from the ice on Lake Waubesa near Lake Farm Park after they were injured when their snowmobile tipped over Wednesday evening.
The driver, Samuel S. Dimaggio, 53, of Fitchburg made a sudden turn, causing him and Lisa M. Rowland, 48, of Deforest, to be thrown from the snowmobile, according to the investigation.
The pair were transported to St. Mary's Hospital with non-life-threatening head injuries, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office. The report said the pair was not wearing helmets.
Dimaggio was admitted and Rowland was treated and released.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land