MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office is searching for a jail inmate who was declared AWOL when he failed to return from a job-related appointment.
Deputies said Nicholas E. Bongiovanni, 18, of Madison, was released at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday and his appointment was expected to last until 10 a.m.
Bongiovanni is currently serving a probation sentence with Huber for armed robbery. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call 911.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral