MADISON, Wis. - Dane County sheriff's deputies responded to two separate crashes involving intoxicated drivers early Sunday morning, according to a release.
Deputies responded to Sun Prairie Road in the town of Medina around 3:30 a.m. Sunday for reports of a vehicle off the road, officials said.
Upon contacting the driver, Thomas J. Mirenda, officials determined he was intoxicated, according to the release. Mirenda was arrested for seventh-offense OWI among other charges.
Deputies also responded to County Highway PB in the town of Montrose around 5:30 a.m. for reports of a vehicle stuck in a snow bank, officials said.
Deputies determined the driver, Keith A. Legler, 39, was intoxicated, according to the release. He was arrested for sixth-offense OWI.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later