TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - A vehicle spotted speeding, going into a ditch and nearly striking another vehicle was pulled over and the driver was arrested on numerous charges, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
The vehicle was stopped in the 3700 block of Highway 11 in the town of Sylvester at 1:30 a.m. on Thursday.
The driver, Garrett J. Nickel, 32, of Janesville, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating under the influence and possession of a Schedule IV narcotic. He was cited on suspicion of speeding, reckless driving, operating a vehicle without insurance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry