REEDSBURG, Wis. - Two men were caught pumping gas at the Reedsburg Country Club into storage containers in the trunk of their vehicle, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies and officers from the Reedsburg Police Department were called to the country club early on Tuesday by an alarm at the country club. They said they found two men pumping gas into storage containers.
The men also entered a secure building to get to the gas, according to deputies.
Colton R. Whitaker, 24, of Mauston was arrested on suspicion of burglary, theft and two counts of bail jumping. David J. Whitaker Jr., 32, of Grand Marsh, was arrested on suspicion of three counts of burglary, three counts of theft and bail jumping.
Deputies said David Whitaker was involved in two prior incidents and was out on bond from Adams County, and Colton Whitaker was out on bond from Juneau and Adams counties.
The Sauk County Sheriff's Office said there is an open investigation into other cases of gas theft.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed