TOWN OF WIOTA, Wis. - A South Wayne man was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after he fled the scene of a crash Sunday morning, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the scene of a one-vehicle crash on State Highway 78 in the town of Wiota at 2:18 a.m. and found a truck had left the road and struck several utility poles in the ditch.
Deputies said Travis L. Hagen, 42, was able to extricate himself and run from the scene before emergency responders arrived. He was found a short time later on Park Street in Wiota. He was treated for his injuries and refused medical transport.
Hagen was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated, failure to have control of his vehicle, hit-and-run of property adjacent to a highway and failure to report an accident to law enforcement.
The Wiota Fire Department, Wiota First Response and Alliant Energy assisted at the scene.
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park