MADISON, Wis. - A man suspected of burglarizing a Town of Oregon home was caught in the house by the homeowner's son, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a home on Lincoln Road Thursday afternoon when a man went to check on his parent's home when another family member reported seeing fresh tire tracks near the residence.
The man said he found Jason L. Svendsen, 32, inside the home. Deputies said Svendsen fled in his car but he was stopped on Lincoln Road near Storytown Road.
Svendsen was arrested on suspicion of burglary and felony bail jumping. He was cited for operating after suspension. He also faces additional charges from Verona police.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees