MADISON, Wis. - A man suspected of burglarizing a Town of Oregon home was caught in the house by the homeowner's son, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a home on Lincoln Road Thursday afternoon when a man went to check on his parent's home when another family member reported seeing fresh tire tracks near the residence.
The man said he found Jason L. Svendsen, 32, inside the home. Deputies said Svendsen fled in his car but he was stopped on Lincoln Road near Storytown Road.
Svendsen was arrested on suspicion of burglary and felony bail jumping. He was cited for operating after suspension. He also faces additional charges from Verona police.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed