BELOIT, Wis. - A man Rock County sheriff's deputies describe as a "major" heroin dealer in Beloit and Rock County was arrested Tuesday.
Deputies said a search warrant was executed at 1631 Johnson St. in Beloit where they found 23 grams of heroin, a handgun, ammunition, cash and drug paraphernalia.
David Wade Givhan, 28, was arrested on suspicion of three counts of delivery of heroin within 1,000 feet of a school, two counts of delivery of heroin, four counts of maintaining a drug trafficking place within 1,000 feet of a school, maintaining a drug trafficking place, possession with intent to deliver heroin within 1,000 feet of a school, two counts of possession of marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of heroin within 1,000 feet of a school and felon in possession of a firearm.
Givhan is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street