MAZOMANIE, Wis. - Deputies are at a home in Mazomanie where an infant died Tuesday morning, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.
Emergency responders were called to a home in Mazomanie at 10:46 a.m., and the infant was transported to UW Hospital by EMS.
There are no signs of foul play, but there is an active death investigation, officials said.
The spokesperson believed the infant was about 4 months old.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office spokesperson said they expect to release more information Tuesday afternoon.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart