MAZOMANIE, Wis. - Deputies are at a home in Mazomanie where an infant died Tuesday morning, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.
Emergency responders were called to a home in Mazomanie at 10:46 a.m., and the infant was transported to UW Hospital by EMS.
There are no signs of foul play, but there is an active death investigation, officials said.
The spokesperson believed the infant was about 4 months old.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office spokesperson said they expect to release more information Tuesday afternoon.
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested