CASSVILLE, Wis. - A child intentionally started a fire on a bed that displaced a Cassville family, according to a release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Firefighters were called to a home at 313 West Dewey St. Sunday afternoon for a report of a fire. Investigators said the fire was started in an upstairs bedroom.
The home sustained minor to moderate smoke and water damage.
The displaced family is getting assistance from the Red Cross.
The Cassville Fire Department and Cassville Police Department assisted at the scene.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old