CASSVILLE, Wis. - A child intentionally started a fire on a bed that displaced a Cassville family, according to a release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Firefighters were called to a home at 313 West Dewey St. Sunday afternoon for a report of a fire. Investigators said the fire was started in an upstairs bedroom.
The home sustained minor to moderate smoke and water damage.
The displaced family is getting assistance from the Red Cross.
The Cassville Fire Department and Cassville Police Department assisted at the scene.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes