ORION, Wis. - A Cazenovia woman faces a drunken-driving charge after police found her hiding in a large field near a car crash in the township of Orion, deputies said.
Richland County deputies were sent just before 9 p.m. on Oct. 11 to reports of a woman trespassing in a large field just east of County Road O in Orion, according to a release.
Deputies found a vehicle abandoned in a private field about 0.8 miles from the road, officials said. They also found a bottle of vodka lying outside the driver's side door.
Deputies used a squad car's loudspeaker to command the woman to turn herself in, but after no response, K-9 Rambo was sent into the field, according to the release.
Rambo found the woman, 38-year-old Jennifer J. Storkson, hiding in tall grass and weeds near a power pole, officials said.
Storkson was arrested on tentative charges of first-offense operating under the influence of an intoxicant.
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say