MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teen was drunk when he was caught going 100 mph on the Beltline Highway Sunday morning, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The 17-year-old was stopped in the westbound lanes near Rimrock Road at about 6:40 a.m. and had open intoxicants in his vehicle, according to deputies.
The boy was arrested on suspicion of first-offense operating while intoxicated, third-offense operating without a license, open intoxicants, speeding and not wearing a seat belt.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need