TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - A Waunakee man who crossed a median and struck another vehicle is suspected of eighth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Tony S. Leas, 41, was driving on State Highway 113 early Tuesday afternoon when he crossed the grass median into the southbound lanes near County Road M. His vehicle struck another vehicle traveling south.
Leas fled the scene on foot, according to deputies. The driver of the other vehicle, Eugene A. Urso, 80, of Monona, was taken to UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies said Leas was later found at his home and was found to be under the influence. He was arrested on suspicion of eighth-offense OWI, causing injury.
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005
- Police have identified hit-and-run driver
- Forged letter criticzes local police chief