TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - A Waunakee man who crossed a median and struck another vehicle is suspected of eighth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Tony S. Leas, 41, was driving on State Highway 113 early Tuesday afternoon when he crossed the grass median into the southbound lanes near County Road M. His vehicle struck another vehicle traveling south.
Leas fled the scene on foot, according to deputies. The driver of the other vehicle, Eugene A. Urso, 80, of Monona, was taken to UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies said Leas was later found at his home and was found to be under the influence. He was arrested on suspicion of eighth-offense OWI, causing injury.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls