MERRIMAC, Wis. - A Merrimac man was arrested after deputies investigated reports of a truck crashing into an apartment building Saturday morning, according to a release from the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Merrimac at 4:55 a.m. for multiple reports of a truck running into a building and fleeing the scene.
Deputies said they used descriptions of the truck and a trail of vehicle fluid to locate the truck at 111 Thomas Street in Merrimac.
Jason L. Pearson, 38, failed field sobriety tests, according to deputies. He was arrested on suspicion of first-offense operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run to a property adjacent to a highway and inattentive driving.
The building was significantly damaged, along with a yard at another residence and Pearson's truck, deputies said.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK