MERRIMAC, Wis. - A Merrimac man was arrested after deputies investigated reports of a truck crashing into an apartment building Saturday morning, according to a release from the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Merrimac at 4:55 a.m. for multiple reports of a truck running into a building and fleeing the scene.
Deputies said they used descriptions of the truck and a trail of vehicle fluid to locate the truck at 111 Thomas Street in Merrimac.
Jason L. Pearson, 38, failed field sobriety tests, according to deputies. He was arrested on suspicion of first-offense operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run to a property adjacent to a highway and inattentive driving.
The building was significantly damaged, along with a yard at another residence and Pearson's truck, deputies said.
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan