TOWN OF BURKE, Wis. - A 53-year-old DeForest area man is facing life-threatening injuries after a crash in the town of Burke Thursday night, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Metro Drive and Highway 51 at 9:25 p.m. for a report of an injury crash involving a minivan and a semitrailer.
Investigators said the semi was exiting the parking lot of the Pine Cone truck stop and making a left turn onto Highway 51 when the minivan driven by the DeForest man hit the trailer at a high rate of speed.
The driver of the minivan was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries. He's listed in critical condition.
Deputies said alcohol appears to be a factor in the crash.26584358
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns