TOWN OF BURKE, Wis. - A 53-year-old DeForest area man is facing life-threatening injuries after a crash in the town of Burke Thursday night, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Metro Drive and Highway 51 at 9:25 p.m. for a report of an injury crash involving a minivan and a semitrailer.
Investigators said the semi was exiting the parking lot of the Pine Cone truck stop and making a left turn onto Highway 51 when the minivan driven by the DeForest man hit the trailer at a high rate of speed.
The driver of the minivan was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries. He's listed in critical condition.
Deputies said alcohol appears to be a factor in the crash.26584358
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement