DEERFIELD, Wis. - A would-be bank robber tried to get into a Deerfield bank by ambushing a woman who came to the bank to clean it, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The woman told investigators she arrived at Deerfield Bank at 15 S. Main St. between 5-5:30 a.m. on Tuesday to clean inside the building when she was ambushed by a man hiding outside. She said he had a handgun and demanded to be let into the bank.
The woman said she refused to let the man in and was able to escape in her vehicle after a short struggle.
The woman told deputies four to five vehicles drove by during the incident and they're hoping witnesses or anyone else with information about the incident will call the Dane County tip line at 608-284-6900.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire