DEERFIELD, Wis. - A would-be bank robber tried to get into a Deerfield bank by ambushing a woman who came to the bank to clean it, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The woman told investigators she arrived at Deerfield Bank at 15 S. Main St. between 5-5:30 a.m. on Tuesday to clean inside the building when she was ambushed by a man hiding outside. She said he had a handgun and demanded to be let into the bank.
The woman said she refused to let the man in and was able to escape in her vehicle after a short struggle.
The woman told deputies four to five vehicles drove by during the incident and they're hoping witnesses or anyone else with information about the incident will call the Dane County tip line at 608-284-6900.
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight