TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - Authorities said 23 people were cited on suspicion of underage drinking after deputies busted a drinking party Saturday in the town of Sylvester.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said it received a complaint of a loud party on Goepfert Road at 12:03 a.m.
Deputies responding to the location found numerous unsafe parking violations and a "loud party was in progress."
Twenty-three people between 17 and 20 years old were cited on suspicion of an underage person possessing or consuming alcohol, according to the report.
Green County Sheriff's Department said 19 men and women were suspected of first-offense underage possession or consumption of alcohol and cited.
Three were cited on suspicion of second-offense underage possession or consumption of alcohol.
One woman was cited on suspicion of obstructing an officer and second-offense underage possession or consumption of alcohol.
The sheriff's department said everyone cited was released pending court and additional citations were pending for the alleged hosts of the party.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart