MONONA, Wis. - A Fitchburg man stopped for speeding on the Beltline Highway was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A deputy said a vehicle was spotted traveling 82 mph on the Beltline at Monona Drive at 2 a.m. on Friday.
Lorenzo A. Jones, 33, was found to be intoxicated but refused to give a blood sample, according to deputies. He was arrested after deputies got a search warrant to get the sample.
Jones was also cited on suspicion of speeding, operating after revocation and no insurance.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed