MONONA, Wis. - A Fitchburg man stopped for speeding on the Beltline Highway was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A deputy said a vehicle was spotted traveling 82 mph on the Beltline at Monona Drive at 2 a.m. on Friday.
Lorenzo A. Jones, 33, was found to be intoxicated but refused to give a blood sample, according to deputies. He was arrested after deputies got a search warrant to get the sample.
Jones was also cited on suspicion of speeding, operating after revocation and no insurance.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees