MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Department has arrested a Madison man on felony OWI charges, after they went looking for him following a domestic incident.
The arrest happened around Sunday morning outside the home of 42-year-old Peter Horton.
According to the sheriff's department, deputies first went to a home in the village of Mazomanie, where a woman said she received numerous text messages from Horton, who was her ex-boyfriend. Deputies said many of them were harassing and threatening in nature.
After deputies talked to the woman, they went to Horton's residence in Madison. When they got there, they found Horton driving up to the residence in his vehicle, where it was determined he had been drinking beforehand.
Deputies said they administered a standard field sobriety test and arrested Horton for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated - fifth offense.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend