MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Department has arrested a Madison man on felony OWI charges, after they went looking for him following a domestic incident.
The arrest happened around Sunday morning outside the home of 42-year-old Peter Horton.
According to the sheriff's department, deputies first went to a home in the village of Mazomanie, where a woman said she received numerous text messages from Horton, who was her ex-boyfriend. Deputies said many of them were harassing and threatening in nature.
After deputies talked to the woman, they went to Horton's residence in Madison. When they got there, they found Horton driving up to the residence in his vehicle, where it was determined he had been drinking beforehand.
Deputies said they administered a standard field sobriety test and arrested Horton for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated - fifth offense.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart