MONROE, Wis. - Officials said an Orfordville man was charged with drunken driving and his passenger taken to jail on a probation hold after a traffic stop early Saturday.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said at about 1:45 a.m., deputies stopped a vehicle on Clarence Lane at State Highway 81 in the town of Spring Grove for a traffic violation. According to the report, the driver, David P. Granberg, 51, of Orfordville, was arrested on suspicion of OWI -- a first offense -- and prohibited alcohol content. The report did not indicate a tested blood alcohol level.
The sheriff's department said Granberg was released pending court. The passenger in the vehicle, Marc A. Johnson, 46, of Rockford, was cited for failure to wear a seat belt and arrested on a charge of possession of THC. Johnson was held in Green County Jail on a Department of Correction probation hold.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry