MONROE, Wis. - Officials said an Orfordville man was charged with drunken driving and his passenger taken to jail on a probation hold after a traffic stop early Saturday.
The Green County Sheriff's Department said at about 1:45 a.m., deputies stopped a vehicle on Clarence Lane at State Highway 81 in the town of Spring Grove for a traffic violation. According to the report, the driver, David P. Granberg, 51, of Orfordville, was arrested on suspicion of OWI -- a first offense -- and prohibited alcohol content. The report did not indicate a tested blood alcohol level.
The sheriff's department said Granberg was released pending court. The passenger in the vehicle, Marc A. Johnson, 46, of Rockford, was cited for failure to wear a seat belt and arrested on a charge of possession of THC. Johnson was held in Green County Jail on a Department of Correction probation hold.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns