WAUSAU, Wis. - A St. Paul man is in custody in the fatal shooting of a 20-year-old woman at a Wausau-area apartment complex.
The Everest Metro Police Department identified the victim as 20-year-old Lee Xiong of the village of Weston. The Wausau Daily Herald reported Sunday that police were called to a Weston apartment complex about 8 p.m. Saturday after reports of a gunshot. Xiong was found dead at the scene.
Police said the 21-year-old suspect was taken into custody early Sunday in Clark County after he tried to elude officers on foot in a wooded area. Police said he was driving a truck stolen from a Wausau dealership last month.
Police found two handguns near the scene of the arrest. The suspect is being held in the Marathon County Jail awaiting charges.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists