JANESVILLE, Wis. - Clerks at six out of 11 Rock County businesses tested in an alcohol compliance check are facing citations, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies sent underage adults into the businesses to see if they would be allowed to buy alcohol.
Clerks at the following businesses each face a $452 citation:
- Lions Quick Mart, 1620 W. Highway 14, Janesville
- Footville Mini-Mart, 509 S. Gilbert St., Footville
- County Line Beverage, 4141 S. County Road T, Brodhead
- Jakes Mobile, 6501 S. Highway 51, Janesville
- Carl's Shell, 11180 N. Goede Rd., Edgerton
- Lucy's Hideaway, 5847 E. County Road N, Milton
Businesses cause selling to minors will get a visit from the sheriff's office to educate staff about the importance of complying with the law.
- Man driving on bike path charged with OWI
- Fundraising effort aimed at helping summer reading programs
- Man hit by plow, deputies say
- Officials use movie previews to help save lives
- Madison group helps Chicago develop violence reduction plan
- Group suing DNR over plan for high-impact activities at Sauk Prairie Recreation Area