MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) is offering $200,000 to local farms as a part of the Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin campaign.
The competitive grants were started in 2008. According to a release from the DATCP, the grants total over $4 million in local food sales and created nearly 100 jobs.
The DATCP is currently accepting proposals from individuals, groups and businesses involved in Wisconsin food production and distribution, according to the release .
Proposals and pre-proposals do have deadlines however. Pre-proposals must be submitted to the department by 4 p.m. on Oct. 21.
According to the release, pre-proposals will be reviewed and qualified projects will move on to full proposals and interviews.
According to the release, there are $200,000 available for the grants. The maximum grant is worth $50,000 per project. Applicants must provide cash or match 50 percent of the total project cost.
Grant recipients are expected to be announced in October 2014.
- Wisconsin hopes to win big in Powerball jackpot
- Rock County Sheriff's Office receives check for sale of sex offender's home
- State superintendent launches challenge against Walker
- Madison men charged for involvement in sex trafficking, child porn
- Man faces charges for using another person to purchase a firearm for him
- Argument results in late night robbery