MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Democrats are accusing GOP state Sen. Frank Lasee of living outside his district, and are seeking to keep him off the ballot.
The party filed a complaint with the Government Accountability Board this past week alleging that the senator uses a De Pere apartment as his primary address, but lives with his wife and kids in Racine. The complaint said his declaration of candidacy and nomination papers should therefore be declared invalid.
Lasee said the complaint is frivolous. He said he and his family live in in his district at an address in the town of Ledgeview, and that his children attend public schools in his district.
Government Accountability Board staffers plan to review the complaint over the next few days. The board will make a decision June 10.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement