MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Democrats are accusing GOP state Sen. Frank Lasee of living outside his district, and are seeking to keep him off the ballot.
The party filed a complaint with the Government Accountability Board this past week alleging that the senator uses a De Pere apartment as his primary address, but lives with his wife and kids in Racine. The complaint said his declaration of candidacy and nomination papers should therefore be declared invalid.
Lasee said the complaint is frivolous. He said he and his family live in in his district at an address in the town of Ledgeview, and that his children attend public schools in his district.
Government Accountability Board staffers plan to review the complaint over the next few days. The board will make a decision June 10.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online