MADISON, Wis. - Construction works on a historic Door County bridge will cost commuters more time on the road.
The state Department of Transportation said those who use the Bayview Bridge in Sturgeon Bay should expect delays due to its closure for maintenance starting Monday.
The construction started last fall, including structural steel repair, bridge painting, electrical and machinery system upgrades and an overlay of the bridge deck and approaches.
The bridge is closed to both vehicles and pedestrians during the project, and will reopen by July 4. Officials said commuters should use the Sturgeon Bay Bridge to cross the bay.
Officials said no other services in the area should be affected, and commuters should check the department's website for detour information and project updates.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two