MADISON, Wis. - A Delevan man was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury in nine area pharmacy robberies.
Tony D. Taylor, 35, of Delavan, Wis., was accused of robbing drug stores over a four-month period throughout Dane County including in Monona, Verona, McFarland and five locations in Madison.
Taylor was arrested by DeForest police April 9 after pharmacy employees recognized the man from previous descriptions.
The indictment alleged that Taylor took oxycodone from stores on:
- Jan. 10 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 2931 S. Fish Hatchery Road, Madison, Wis.;
- Jan. 15 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 401 W. Main St., Waunakee, Wis.;
- Jan. 23 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 7810 Mineral Point Road, Madison;
- Jan. 28 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 5300 Monona Dr., Monona, Wis.;
- Feb. 6 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 2121 S. Park St., Madison;
- Feb. 22 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 8203 Old Sauk Road, Madison;
- March 19 - Hometown Pharmacy, 202 S. Main St., Verona, Wis.;
- March 25 - Mallatt's Pharmacy, 3506 Monroe St., Madison;
- March 29 - McFarland Pharmacy, 4880 Larson Beach Road, McFarland, Wis.
In a statement, the U.S. Department of Justice said if convicted, Taylor faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison on each count.
The charges against him are the result of an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the DeForest, Waunakee, Monona, Madison, Verona, McFarland, Janesville and Beloit police departments.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police