MADISON, Wis. - A Delevan man was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury in nine area pharmacy robberies.
Tony D. Taylor, 35, of Delavan, Wis., was accused of robbing drug stores over a four-month period throughout Dane County including in Monona, Verona, McFarland and five locations in Madison.
Taylor was arrested by DeForest police April 9 after pharmacy employees recognized the man from previous descriptions.
The indictment alleged that Taylor took oxycodone from stores on:
- Jan. 10 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 2931 S. Fish Hatchery Road, Madison, Wis.;
- Jan. 15 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 401 W. Main St., Waunakee, Wis.;
- Jan. 23 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 7810 Mineral Point Road, Madison;
- Jan. 28 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 5300 Monona Dr., Monona, Wis.;
- Feb. 6 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 2121 S. Park St., Madison;
- Feb. 22 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 8203 Old Sauk Road, Madison;
- March 19 - Hometown Pharmacy, 202 S. Main St., Verona, Wis.;
- March 25 - Mallatt's Pharmacy, 3506 Monroe St., Madison;
- March 29 - McFarland Pharmacy, 4880 Larson Beach Road, McFarland, Wis.
In a statement, the U.S. Department of Justice said if convicted, Taylor faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison on each count.
The charges against him are the result of an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the DeForest, Waunakee, Monona, Madison, Verona, McFarland, Janesville and Beloit police departments.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm