MADISON, Wis. - A DeForest woman was taken to the hospital after she suffered life-threatening injuries in a crash Monday evening, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
Sheriff's deputies responded to an accident on Highway I at Hahn Road in the Town of Vienna at about 6 p.m.
Dane County Sheriff's Department Spokeswoman Elise Schaffer said 77-year-old Marie Lerum was turning right onto Highway I from Hahn Road and turned into the path of an oncoming vehicle.
Lerum was transported to UW Hospital for life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
Schaffer said the driver of the second vehicle, 48-year-old Timothy Thielbar of Arlington, was not injured.
No citations have been issued and the crash remains under investigation, the sheriff's department said
The nature of Lerum's injuries was not identified in the report, but as of about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday she remained hospitalized, Schaffer said.
Vienna is north of Madison between Waunakee and DeForest.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls