MADISON, Wis. - A DeForest woman was taken to the hospital after she suffered life-threatening injuries in a crash Monday evening, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
Sheriff's deputies responded to an accident on Highway I at Hahn Road in the Town of Vienna at about 6 p.m.
Dane County Sheriff's Department Spokeswoman Elise Schaffer said 77-year-old Marie Lerum was turning right onto Highway I from Hahn Road and turned into the path of an oncoming vehicle.
Lerum was transported to UW Hospital for life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
Schaffer said the driver of the second vehicle, 48-year-old Timothy Thielbar of Arlington, was not injured.
No citations have been issued and the crash remains under investigation, the sheriff's department said
The nature of Lerum's injuries was not identified in the report, but as of about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday she remained hospitalized, Schaffer said.
Vienna is north of Madison between Waunakee and DeForest.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'