DEFOREST, Wis. - Nobody was hurt during an attempted robbery at Heartland Credit Union Monday afternoon, officials said.
The would-be robber entered the bank at 120 Vinburn Road in DeForest around 12:41 p.m., and handed the clerk a note asking for money, according to a release.
The man left without getting any money, officials said. He did not display a weapon.
Police set up a perimeter, but the man had fled before their arrival, according to the release.
The robber is described as being about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, weighs up to 250 pounds, and left the scene in a red, four-door, SUV on Vinburn Road.
Anyone with information on the man's whereabouts, should call DeForest Police at 608-846-6756
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan