DEFOREST, Wis. - Nobody was hurt during an attempted robbery at Heartland Credit Union Monday afternoon, officials said.
The would-be robber entered the bank at 120 Vinburn Road in DeForest around 12:41 p.m., and handed the clerk a note asking for money, according to a release.
The man left without getting any money, officials said. He did not display a weapon.
Police set up a perimeter, but the man had fled before their arrival, according to the release.
The robber is described as being about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, weighs up to 250 pounds, and left the scene in a red, four-door, SUV on Vinburn Road.
Anyone with information on the man's whereabouts, should call DeForest Police at 608-846-6756
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan