DEFOREST, Wis. - Dane County officials said a DeForest man injured in a Tuesday night fire has died.
The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office said Brian Hinz, 52, died Thursday morning at a Madison hospital. Hinz died from the injuries he suffered in the fire, according to a Dane County Medical Examiner's Office news release.
Hinz was hospitalized after a fire at a duplex in the 800 block of Holum Street, near Highway 51, in DeForest.
When firefighters arrived, they found black smoke pouring out of the garage on the right side of the duplex.
Fire crews said a man was trapped inside the garage during the fire because the door apparently stuck.
Hinz's son ran outside calling for help when the neighbor who lives on the left side of the duplex came outside.
A neighbor lifted the metal garage door a few feet from the ground, giving them enough space to pull Hinz from the burning garage.
Fire officials haven't yet determined how the fire started.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart