DEERFIELD, Wis. - A water main that travels underneath Deerfield middle schools and high schools broke, leaving many students without running water for a week.
Deerfield High School has adapted by setting up 12 portable bathrooms for students.
District Administrator Michelle Jensen said the water main break is a great learning opportunity. She has used the situation to teach the students about water by placing facts inside the port-a-potty doors.
"We've learned to appreciate a source that we take for granted," Jensen said.
Deerfield Middle School has relocated its students to a local Lutheran church.
The faucets are expected to be back on on Monday.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI