DEERFIELD, Wis. - A water main that travels underneath Deerfield middle schools and high schools broke, leaving many students without running water for a week.
Deerfield High School has adapted by setting up 12 portable bathrooms for students.
District Administrator Michelle Jensen said the water main break is a great learning opportunity. She has used the situation to teach the students about water by placing facts inside the port-a-potty doors.
"We've learned to appreciate a source that we take for granted," Jensen said.
Deerfield Middle School has relocated its students to a local Lutheran church.
The faucets are expected to be back on on Monday.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue